Kevin Wagner, J.D. Ph.D
Kevin M. Wagner
Director of the Jack
Florida Atlantic University
Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
Department of Political Science
777 Glades Road, P.O. Box 3091
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991 USA
CoursesAmerican National Government
EducationPh.D., Political Science, University of Florida M.A. (2002), Political Science, University of Florida Juris Doctor (1996), University of Florida
B.A. (1993) International Affairs and Russian Language, Florida State University
Law and Society
Refereed Journal and Law Review Articles:
· Kevin Wagner (with Jason Gainous and Jason Abbott). “Civic Disobedience: Does Internet Use Stimulate Political Unrest in East Asia?” Journal of Information, Technology and Politics (2015) 12(1): 219-236.
· Kevin Wagner (with Jason Gainous). “Digital Uprising: The Internet Revolution in the Middle East.” Journal of Information, Technology and Politics (2013) 10(3): 261-275.
· Kevin Wagner (with Jason Gainous) "Bowling Online: The Internet and the New Social Capital." The Commonwealth Review of Political Science. Volume 1, Number 1 (2013) 4-26.
· Kevin Wagner, et. al. "State Parties 2.0." The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society (2013) 9(1): 99-112.
· Kevin Wagner, et. al. “Traditional Cleavages or a New World: Does Online Social Networking Bridge the Political Participation Divide?” Journal of Politics, Culture and Society. (2013) 26(2): 145-158.
· Kevin Wagner. “Edmund Burke and Adam Smith: Understanding the Divisions in Conservative Thought.” The Political Chronicle (2012) 21(2) 7-21.
· Kevin Wagner, “Rewriting the Guarantee Clause: How Courts Validate Political Change,” Willamette Law Review (2010) 47(1) 47-84.
· Kevin Wagner and Jeff Gill. “Bayesian Inference in Public Administration Research: Substantive Differences from Somewhat Different Assumptions.” International Journal of Public Administration. 28:1/2, 5-35 (2005).
· Tweeting to Power: Social Media Revolution in American Politics. Oxford University Press (2014). ISBN-10: 0199965099
· Rebooting American Politics: The Internet Revolution.
: Rowman and Littlefield Press (2011). ISBN-10: 1442210508. New York
· Kevin Wagner and Eric Prier. “Assessing The Florida Legislature.” In Government and Politics in Florida (4th ed) edited by J. Edwin Benton, Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida (Forthcoming 2015).
· Kevin Wagner and Jason Gainous. “Mena and the Internet: Technology and the Democratic Divide.” In Assessing Mena Political Reform, Post-Arab Spring, edited by Brian Robert Calfano, Lonfon, UK: Lexington Books (2014).
· Kevin Wagner and Eric Prier. “The
Legislature.” In Government and Politics in Florida (3rd ed., pp. 152-180) edited by J. Edwin Benton, Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida (2008). Florida
· Kevin Wagner. “Keeping Political Science Relevant.” Florida Political Chronicle (2014) 23(1): 5-6.
· Kevin Wagner. “City of
v. Discovery Network: Constitutional Protections for Commercial Speech,” in David L. Hudson, David A. Schultz, & John R. Vile, eds. The Encyclopedia of the First Amendment, 1st ed. 2008. Cincinnati
Kevin Wagner. “Bush v. Gore: Law and Politics in American Elections,” in David Schultz ed., The Encyclopedia of the Supreme Court, 1st ed. 2005.
Kevin Wagner. “Layer Cake Federalism,” in Joseph R. Marbach, TroyE. Smith, Ellis Katz, eds. Federalism in : An Encyclopedia, 1st ed., 2005. America
Kevin Wagner. “Mapp v. Ohio: Applying the Exclusionary Rule to States,” in David Schultz and John R. Vile, eds., The Encyclopedia of Civil Liberties in , 1st ed. 2004. America
Kevin Wagner. “Adderly v. Florida: Restricting Protests on Public Property,” in David Schultz and John R. Vile, eds., The Encyclopedia of Civil Liberties in , 1st ed. 2004. America
· Kevin Wagner. Review of Michael Foley. The British Presidency. (
: Manchester United Press 2000) in Book Reviews on Presidents and the Presidency edited by Frank Columbus. Manchester, U.K. : Nova Science Publishers (2008). Hauppauge NY
· Kevin Wagner. Review of Scott Veitch. Law and Irresponsibility: On the Legitimation of Human Suffering. (
: Routledge-Cavendish, 2007). Law and Politics Book Review 18(10) (October, 2008) pp.975-976. New York, NY
· Kevin Wagner. Review of Nina Chandler. The Strange Case of Hellish Nell: The Story of Helen Duncan and the Witch Trial of World War II. (
: Da Capo Press, 2006). Law and Politics Book Review 17(2) (February, 2007) pp.141-142. Cambridge, MA
· Kevin Wagner. Review of Eric Prier. The Myth of Representation and the
Legislature: A House of Competing Loyalties, 1927‑2000. ( Florida , FL.: University Press of Florida 2003) in the Journal of Social Science. Gainesville